Herbs have been used in all cultures around the world to stimulate erotic arousal, physical sexual feelings and sexual abilities. In the modern world herbs are increasingly more used both to increase the sexual pleasure and as medicine to help for sexual dysfunctions. The herbs are used both in their original form or the working substances are extracted and used as ingredients in tinctures, ointments or pills.
THE GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF EROTICALLY STIMULATING HERBS The working principles of the chemical components in these herbs are of several kinds, and the ingredients make their effects at different places in the human body.
- Some herbal ingredients stimulate generally the function of the neural system. Since sexual response and feelings are dependent of a well working neural system, the herbs will also increase the sexual response.
- Other herbal ingredients generally improve the body’s blood circulation. The better blood flow and the better control of the blood flow will then make the genital organs work better and engorge better upon sexual stimulation. Better engorgement will stimulate the feeling bodies at the nerve endings in the sexual organs and thus give stronger physical feelings.
- There are components in some herbs that stimulate tissue growth and regeneration. Such components can make structures in the sexual organs grow stronger and more capable to do their work.
- Some herbal ingredients stimulate directly centres in the central nervous system that play an important role in the sexual response, and thus increase the psychological arousal. A higher psychological arousal will cause signals to be sent to the sexual organs so that they will engorge more strongly and produce more sexual secretions.
- Still other herbal components stimulate the feeling bodies in the genital organs directly, and will thereby give stronger physical feelings. The stimulation of the feeling bodies will also make the central nervous system send signals back to the sexual organs and make them work more efficient.
- Some herbal ingredients will stimulate the production of sexual hormones or other hormones important for the sexual functions, or they will normalize a disturbed hormonal system.
SOME IMPORTANT HERBS USED FOR SEXUAL STIMULATION Here are some important sexually stimulating herbs presented. Many of the herbs stimulate the human organism at several points and thus have more than one type of effect. Where not otherwise indicated, both men and women will feel the stimulating effect.
- Bayberry: The fruits increase blood flow and capillary dilation in the mucus membranes of the vagina, and thus stimulate vaginal lubrication.
- Catuaba: Catuaba is a South American bush. It has long been used as an aphrodisiac by Indians, and is the most important sexually stimulating plant used in South America nowadays. Catuaba generally stimulates the central nervous system, and especially the functions controlling sexual response.
- Cayenne (Cayenne pepper, Spanish pepper): From the fruit one gets a well known spice with a very strong taste. The spice stimulates tissue growth and regeneration. This will make the sexual organs stronger and more efficient. Cayenne also makes the digestion and intestinal functions more effective and promotes heart functions.
- Coffee or tea stimulates the central nervous system to a higher activity and thereby also the sexual arousal. Taking a cup of coffee before sexual activity is often a good idea.
- Cuscuta: The seeds of cuscuta stimulate and normalizes the part of the nervous system that controls the sexual organs. This effect helps control premature ejaculation, helps control urination and vitalizes the functions of the sexual organs. It also has a general stimulating effect upon the nervous system.
- Damiana: Damiana is a small Mexican shrub, of which the leaves are used for medical purposes. Damiana stimulates the function of the sympathetic nerves controlling the sexual organs, the urinary system, the digestive organs and the respiratory organs. The herb thus strengthens all the functions of the sexual organs and urinary system. The herbs have many of the same effects as the female hormone progesterone, and therefore the herb works especially effective for women.
- Ginseng: There are many species of the herb ginseng, growing both in East Asia and Northern America. Ginseng stimulates neural functions and bodily activities. Ginseng stimulates and normalizes the blood flow in the brain and sexual organs. Ginseng also stimulates nerve growth, blood production and sperm production. This stimulation will in turn give a general rejuvenating effect, stronger arousal, better genital functions and stronger physical feelings.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn is a tree growing in all temperate zones of the world. The fruits are used. Hawthorn stimulates heart functions and blood flow, and helps to reduce atherosclerotic plaque in blood vessels. This general positive effect upon blood circulation will in turn improve sexual functions as for example female engorgement and male erection.
- Horny goat weed (Epidemium): This is an East Asian herb. The whole plant except the root is used in herbal preparations. This herb stimulates the sensorial bodies in the sexual organs, giving stronger genital feelings. It also increases sperm production, giving better fertility. It further stimulates sexual desire by acting upon the central nervous system. The herb also increases the general activity of the nervous system and thereby the general vitality.
- Johimbe; Johimbe is a tall and evergreen tree growing in tropical areas of Africa. The bark stimulates the blood flow in the genitals and therefore helps against erection problems. However, in higher doses the drug can cause hypertension, digestive problems and manic reactions.
- Maca; This South American herb stimulates sexual desire and drive.
- Muira Pauma: Muria Puama is a Brazilian shrub, known as “Potency Wood”. Extracts of the bark is used. Muira Puama stimulates sexual desire and libido, and thereby increases potency.
- Suma: Suma root stimulates and normalizes the hormone production of the whole body, both the production of systemic hormones and local hormones. The improved hormonal system will then improve mental and physical sexual functions.
- Tribulus terrestris: The herb has a long traditional use in China and India. It contains ingredients that stimulate the secretion of testosterone. It increases fertility, erection abilities and the libido level. It also helps muscle building.
- Peppermint: Leaves of the peppermint plant stimulate the secretion of lubricating substances in the genital system. This facilitates the sexual act and protects the sexual organ against injury. On the market you can find pills, tinctures or teas made of one or more of these herbs. What herbs or herbal product you should choose, depend on your purpose. The purposes are generally of 6 kinds:
- Increased libido or sexual desire.
- Increased feelings in the genital region.
- Better erection or sexual performance.
- Better lubrication.
- Increased strength or size of the genitals.
- Increased fertility.
Knut Holt is an internet consultant and marketer focusing on health items. TO FIND natural measures for penile improvement, herbal preparations against sexual problems, and natural medicines against digestive problems, allergy, asthma, acne, eczema, rosacea, scars, wrinkles, over-weight, hypertension, heart disease, hypothyroidism, hemorrhoids, depression and other common health problems, PLEASE VISIT:—-
—-Free to reprint with the author’s name and link.